Byzantine Victory

Byzantine Victory

maandag 31 augustus 2015

Historic Wargames or well..not really

After getting a new job at the beginning of the year my hobby time evaporated at astonishing speed. That and the local unavailability of the "Varjazi & Basileus" supplement (which incidentally has the rules for playing Byzantines) severely dampened my enthusiasm for SAGA. It went on the backburner as did most of my painting.
Trying to come up with ways to still keep a hobby, I came across the game "Frostgrave" not too long ago. Not exactly historic wargaming, but with a maximum warband size of 10 and a rule system that took me back to my youth and playing Mordheim, it definitely hit a soft spot!
The rules came in yesterday, or to put it more precise, I returned from my holidays and found them in the mailbox. After a quick read through, I came up with the following:

1 Druid (counts as Witch) - Staff - Free
1 Apprentice - Staff  - 200 gc
1 Ranger - 100 gc
3 Archers - 150 gc

The druid will have the following spells:

Animal Companion - difficulty 8*
Brew Potion - difficulty 12*
Poison Dart - difficulty 10
Plague of Insects - difficulty 14
Bones of the Earth - difficulty 12
Animate Construct - difficulty 10*
Heal - difficulty 12
Explosive Rune - difficulty 14
 (* = Out of Game Spell)

I've taken the liberty to interpret the Explosive Rune as a type of Fungus the druid can summon and the Bones of the Earth (a necromancy spell) as a classic entanglement of roots. 

Today's effort sees the following:

 The warband as a whole

 The druid, his apprentice and 3 Exploding Mushroom markers

 Another shot of the warband
 A close-up of the druid and his Owl wielding apprentice

 The Entanglement (Bones of the Earth) Marker as demonstrated by one of the archers

And a second shot from a slightly different angle. Note: this is still WIP!




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten